FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA) ANNUAL REPORT
Fiscal Year 2003
AMERICAN BATTLE MONUMENTS COMMISSION
1. Point of Contact for FOIA Requests: Thomas R. Sole
Director of Engineering, Maintenance
Martha R. Sell
Chief, Operations Division
2. Denials of Information: 0
3. Agency’s Response Time: The median response time: 10 days.
4. Number of Requests pending as of the end of preceding fiscal year: 0
5. Number of requests received during fiscal year 2001: 5
6. Time Extensions: 0
7. Total Fees Collected FY 2003: $179.00
8. Costs of Administering FOIA: Tasks relating to the administration of the Freedom of Information Act have been added to the duties of existing positions within the agency. Therefore, expenses incurred as a result of the Act have been limited to minor duplication costs.
9. Physical Locations of Freedom of Information Act Reading Room:
Courthouse Plaza II, Suite 500
2300 Clarendon Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22202
Hours: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm – Monday through Friday
10. Information now available online at the Commission’s website at www.abmc.gov:
§ General Information Pamphlet – American Memorials and Overseas Military Cemeteries
§ American Overseas Cemetery Booklets
§ Vietnam Memorial Plaque – general information
§ World War II Memorial – general information